Our Family

Our Family

Why I Blog

I decided to start a blog not only so others can read about what's been going on with the Lawrence family, but also to help me remember these wonderful years while my son is still so young.
It feels like just a little while ago I told my husband that I was pregnant. We spent that evening curled up on the couch dreaming and talking about what it would be like to be parents. The joy and excitement was almost unbearable. Now, 18 months later, I look back and remember the way that felt. I thought it would be wonderful, but I had no idea just how awesome it would be!
I want to write about this awesome experience of motherhood and the joys of building a family! I know there is no way to truly express the joy I feel or the love that I have for my son and his wonderful father...but I'll do my best. :)

Friday, March 5, 2010

My house in the making

Here are some pictures of our house and how things are coming.
This first picture is looking from the living room into the den.
This is a picture of the window by the wood stove and the wall next to it. I think I might put my great grandmother's organ on this wall.
This is the door way going into the kitchen from the den.
Our fire place.
The front door
These are some of the colors we looked at for our floor and we and most likely going to go with the darkest shade of brown seen in the picture.
This is a view of the big windows in the living room.
This is the other side of the living room which will be the dining room. The door leads to the outside deck and patio (all waiting to be finished). You can see the entrance to the kitchen in this picture...it's off to the left.
This is the "accent wall" in the living room.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm excited to start painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you both. I remember exactly how it felt to start getting some of the painting done. And the decorating part is the most fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful house. I love the fireplace. Looks like it is coming along. It is nice to see progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bay window. I have always wanted that in my family room. We bought and older house, so we didn't get that, but when we did the addition (master bedroom) We added it. I love it. Thinking about posting pics of my house on my blog.

    ReplyDelete