Our Family

Our Family

Why I Blog

I decided to start a blog not only so others can read about what's been going on with the Lawrence family, but also to help me remember these wonderful years while my son is still so young.
It feels like just a little while ago I told my husband that I was pregnant. We spent that evening curled up on the couch dreaming and talking about what it would be like to be parents. The joy and excitement was almost unbearable. Now, 18 months later, I look back and remember the way that felt. I thought it would be wonderful, but I had no idea just how awesome it would be!
I want to write about this awesome experience of motherhood and the joys of building a family! I know there is no way to truly express the joy I feel or the love that I have for my son and his wonderful father...but I'll do my best. :)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

For God so Loved...

Today I was driving in the car thinking about the the judgment I have passed on those for whom I am better. In my mind I was trying to justify my self righteous feelings. "It's not like I'm saying that they're going to hell. I'm just saying that they don't have a very good chance of getting into heaven." I was thinking about some one who I knew to be (what I thought) truly evil. They did awful things to innocent people including children. How could they get into heaven and how could he have mercy on them. God in His wrath killed Ananias and Sapphira for lying. They hadn't killed or harmed anyone. While I was thinking all these things an image came to my mind. I could see Christ hanging on the cross and I could hear him whisper "Forgive them, for they know not what they do." I was so humbled in that instant. Christ showed such mercy for those people who tortured and killed Him. Who am I to pass any judgment...on anyone. I've always thought of Christ as being merciful, forgiving, and kind. Maybe it's from all the Old Testament stories, but I've never thought of God, the Father, being merciful or forgiving. I think of where it says "vengeance is Mine" and that's how I see him. Today I realized that I'm so wrong in that thought process! God is the One who sent our Savior! I've never really understood the verse (or even really thought about it) "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." When I remembered this verse today, my eyes stung with tiers of joy. It filled my soul with gladness!!! Our God is truly awesome and so LOVING to me. I just want to praise the Lord with thanksgiving. I'm so happy that both God and Jesus love a sinner like me!!! No one deserves His mercy, and yet, He freely gives. :)

3 comments:

  1. Very neat experience... goes along so well with the holiday we are celebrating this weekend. God is very good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's humbling when God chooses to reveal His wisdom to us. It's so awesome that He loves even us, small and insignificant as we are and wants us to understand Him better. I think He does that most when we've humbled ourselves sufficiently to accept what He has for us. That's what is so amazing to me, that He touches our hearts with such profound understanding, as a Father who loves his children. It's so comforting to think that He cares so much - and it can change us forever. What a beautiful gift! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat and a good reminder for us all!

    ReplyDelete