Our Family

Our Family

Why I Blog

I decided to start a blog not only so others can read about what's been going on with the Lawrence family, but also to help me remember these wonderful years while my son is still so young.
It feels like just a little while ago I told my husband that I was pregnant. We spent that evening curled up on the couch dreaming and talking about what it would be like to be parents. The joy and excitement was almost unbearable. Now, 18 months later, I look back and remember the way that felt. I thought it would be wonderful, but I had no idea just how awesome it would be!
I want to write about this awesome experience of motherhood and the joys of building a family! I know there is no way to truly express the joy I feel or the love that I have for my son and his wonderful father...but I'll do my best. :)

Friday, August 6, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

I've been thinking back to what feels like not too long ago...when my little Rogan was so very little. He was so cute in his little swaddle and I remember how light he felt when I would lift him out of his bassinet. He always had a calm spirit and a sweetness that I'll never forget. I would sit and rock him for hours and he fit so perfectly in my arms. Last night as I was rocking him to sleep I noticed that even when his head is on my shoulder his legs drape over the edge of the chair. My little baby has grown to be a big boy. He still has that sweetness he did when he was so very little, but I wouldn't use the word "calm" to describe him now. :)

Oh what joy that boy brings to my life!

His vocabulary has really grown in the last month he says
1. *Dada
2. *More
3. *Thank you (it sounds more like hi you)
4. All done
5. Cat
6. Outside
7. Bye bye
8. Grandpa
9. Grandma
10. Daph
11. Giddi (his little cousin)
12. *Baba
13. Bop Bop (he says this when he wants food)
14. Cheese
15. Figgy (fig newtons)
16. Mama (only when he's sad. Otherwise I'm dada)
17. Baby
18. *Quack quack (this is what he calls his toy duck)
19. Fan
20. Light
21. Violin (He's only said this for one day)
22. *HEY!
23. No!
24. *Uhoh
25. Micha (it sounds more like Ki ka)
26. Night night
27. Shoe
28. Moon
29. Fly away (I've never heard this, but Grandma says he said it)
30. Star
31. Fish
32. Guck (Duck)
33. Cynthia (he called me Cynthia for about 2 weeks)
34. Eyes
35. I (he will point to himself when he says "I")

He's not too consistent will all of these words yet, but he will usually say them if prompted. The ones with a star are his favorite words to use. :) I know I've forgotten some, but oh well.
He makes a lot of animal noises: meow, moo, woof woof, cluck cluck, roar, quack quack, baaa, hoo hoo, and the deer sound. Once again, I'm sure I've forgotten something.

He's walking really well and he can go up stairs like a pro. When he gets to the top he will turn around and yell at me. He has not tried to go down the stairs which is a good thing. I've been trying to teach him how to go down on his belly, but he doesn't want to try he just wants me to carry him down so he can go right back up. :)

Well, that's all for now. Hope to talk more about my little guy real soon.

1 comment:

  1. It would be difficult to make a list now. He says so many things. What a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete