Our Family

Our Family

Why I Blog

I decided to start a blog not only so others can read about what's been going on with the Lawrence family, but also to help me remember these wonderful years while my son is still so young.
It feels like just a little while ago I told my husband that I was pregnant. We spent that evening curled up on the couch dreaming and talking about what it would be like to be parents. The joy and excitement was almost unbearable. Now, 18 months later, I look back and remember the way that felt. I thought it would be wonderful, but I had no idea just how awesome it would be!
I want to write about this awesome experience of motherhood and the joys of building a family! I know there is no way to truly express the joy I feel or the love that I have for my son and his wonderful father...but I'll do my best. :)

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Crawling!

It's official! My little guys is finally crawling! He was very early sitting up at only 4 months and also early at getting on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. This started in early November and everyone told me that he would be crawling any day. I don't in anyway want my little Rogan to be delayed in anything, but it's my nature to cling to each phase. I enjoy each and every stage and even though i look forward to his growing and learning I do so love his babyness. So I was a little sad when I knew his infant stage was nearing and end and he would be on to crawling. I just wasn't ready for that yet! Well here we are three whole months later and he finally got the hang of it. I went from not wanting him to crawl yet to "come on baby, you can do this!" I think I was more ready for it then he was. :)
He is enjoying his new found freedom and, as you might suspect, is getting into everything. I love it though. His favorite thing is to crawl over to his canned food (that I keep at floor level) and get them all out of the box and scatter them everywhere. It's so cute! He is also very interested in doors and if they can be slammed into anything he'll SLAM it over and over and over again. This loud game never seams to loose it's appeal.
He tries to pull up on things, but it usually ends in him on the floor with his legs in a tangled mess. He did succeed once, but that's probably because he was trying to get to Mama and Daddy's ice cream. Thanks to Auntie Laura he is very fond of ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Ice cream is a great motivator. When Easton was learning to walk he took a few steps here and there, but it was when we were at an ice cream party for yp that he took 8-10 steps at a time to get to the next person who would give him a bite. Have fun with the crawling! If you haven't baby proofed the house you soon will. They quickly show you what needs to be moved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious. He melts my heart. You guys are doing such a great job with him. The adoring (and sometimes excited!) looks he gives you both attests to his total love for you. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete